Don’t Forget These Five Must-Pack Horse Show Items
Show season is a time of great fun to be able to step into the arena with your horse partner and show 'em what you've got. But in all the hustle and bustle to get packed and ready, it's all too easy to forget the little things that could save you in a pinch. Here are five must-pack horse show items to help you out.
1. Fly Spray: As the summer rolls in, so do the flies. While you probably have a fly spray handy at your home barn, you may want to pick up an extra bottle for your truck or trailer to help keep your horse comfortable.
Check out some of our faves:
2. Protective Grooming Mitt: It's easy to remember to pack grooming kit basics, but don't forget to toss in a protective grooming mitt to help prevent any sprays, oils, and dressings from getting on your clothes. It's all too easy to end up with unsightly residues on your knockout outfit – so protect your carefully crafted style!
We love the genius Miss Mitt Grooming Mitt:
3. First Aid Kit: While you can typically expect an on-site vet at a show, having a well-stocked, travel-sized first aid kit for both horse and rider is crucial. Be sure to replenish it every so often so you're not caught without key things like bandages or disinfectant.
Pick up EquiMedic's travel-friendly First-Aid Kit:
4. Hair Removal Hack: Animal hair and dirt have a magnetic ability to find your outfit on show day. But don't panic – there's no need to steal the tiny roll of Scotch tape from the show administrator's desk. Always remember to pack something for a final “once over" before you step in the ring to help you effectively get rid of any traces of Fido (or Cochise) from your outfit.
Try out Gonzo's Pet Hair Lifter sponge:
5. Hair Repair: How many times have you gotten to your show destination only to find that you're missing one of the key parts to style your 'do? Be it elastics that break or bobby pins that disappear, a hair care kit is an easy way to make sure that all your items are packed together.
Grab our handy Show Bun Kit to help keep you organized:
Bonus: Don't forget your back-up battery or cell phone charger!